The Future is Now: The 17th Annual Specialty Summit
For the first time ever, the Magellan Rx Management Specialty Summit was hosted virtually and the response from nationally-recognized payers, physicians, and industry insiders was remarkable: more than 700 people tuned in live on August 25 for three hours of forward-thinking content! Over 1,100 registered to take a journey through an exclusive selection of on-demand content, including playback of the live sessions and additional learning opportunities on the latest in specialty drug management.
The best part? It’s not too late to register! Take a peek at all the exciting and informative content listed below and visit www.magellanrx.com/specialtysummit to unlock access to all Summit content, additional resources, plus branding and music to recreate those fun New York City vibes!
Thoughts and insights on the ever-evolving specialty drug landscape were covered during these live sessions:
- Welcome to our Virtual Summit: Hear from our chief executive officer, Mostafa Kamal, and his thoughts on the state of specialty.
- The Current Specialty Landscape: A look at what is currently impacting the specialty landscape, including discussions around key themes of oncology management, biosimilars, and orphan drugs.
- Panel: Hear from Expert Payers on Key Areas Impacting the Future of Specialty: A discussion on the latest management strategies and innovations with key health plan payers from Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, Florida Blue, and Moda Health.
- A Clinical Perspective on a Post-Pandemic World: The impacts of COVID-19 and helpful advice from our chief medical officer and resident “Dr. Mom”, Caroline Carney.
- Keynote: A Journey into the Future of Genomics and its Impact on Health and Science: Revolutionary geneticist Dr. George Church, Harvard & MIT, highlights cutting-edge therapies and treatments with 30 minutes dedicated to answering questions from the live audience.
- Live Q&A: Our experts dig deeper into oncology biosimilars, dose rounding, managing anxiety and benefit changes surrounding COVID, rare disease treatments, the role of technology, and more!
We also curated bonus content for on-demand viewing to enhance this year’s virtual experience:
- A deep dive into specialty trends with Doug Long, Vice President of Industry Relations at IQVIA
- Interviews with key opinion leaders from Magellan Rx’s Expert Clinical Network on precision medicine in oncology, hemophilia, and sickle cell disease
- Two patient stories on living with sickle cell disease and the promise of gene therapy treatments
- More insights from key payers on:
- How a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative is staying ahead of the trends and realizing six-figure savings in less than one year
- What barriers to be aware of regarding the future of biosimilar utilization
- How one Managed Medicaid plan is deploying innovative strategies to manage rising specialty trend
- Key success factors in building high-functioning account team to client relationships
- How to foster out-of-the-box thinking for complex case management
What our attendees had to say:
- “Thank you for providing the opportunity to still engage and absorb valuable information virtually.”
- “Very well put together. Relevant topics that aligned with the hot topics of the landscape today. The production was very professional and easy to follow.”
- “Amazing and informative Summit. Thank you for collecting these experts for us!”
- “Dr. Caroline Carney is beyond being merely an outstanding speaker. She is a force for good in global healthcare. What a remarkable blend of heart and mind!”
Mark your calendars to join us next year in person in NYC on August 30-September 1, 2021 for the 18th annual Specialty Summit. We look forward to another year of specialty insights and innovation!