From Compassion to Action: Working to Improve the Communities We Serve
The following is an excerpt from the 2018 Magellan Community Impact Report.
Coming together for the win
Nowhere is our value of Win Together more apparent than when you see the smiling faces of our employees working together to help improve the communities we serve. Every year, Magellan employees, located throughout the country, voluntarily organize and participate in Magellan Cares community service activities. Magellan Health and the Magellan Cares Foundation also support our employees’ giving in two ways: paying for time off to volunteer and matching their financial gifts. And when times get tough, we help lift up one another through our eMbrace employee assistance fund. Fully funded by employees through payroll contributions, the eMbrace fund helps employees who are facing a personal financial hardship.
Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 2018 volunteer time spent: 17,000
- 2018 volunteer states served: 36
- 2018 volunteer impacted organizations: 560+
- 2018 matching funds total dollars: $69,398.77
- 2018 matching funds impacted organizations: 152
- 2018 employee donated matched: $25,416.54
- 2018 total gifts received: : $136,419
- 2018 Total distributions to employees: $144,770
- Total gifts received since 2012: $726,499
The Magellan Cares Foundation also provides grants to nonprofits or nonprofit organizations for initiatives that are aligned with our focus areas. Donations support national or large-scale health access and quality improvement initiatives; efforts that help improve the social supports around a quality healthcare system, such as access to housing, food, clothing or self improvement opportunities, and efforts to support America’s military service members, veterans and wounded warriors.
- 2018 total dollars granted: $560,000
- 2018 total impacted organizations: 130